Sometimes Thinking Hurts

My thoughts about life, crap and such!

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

~Carnivale and Cell Phones

CARNIVALE AND CELL PHONES

Okeydokey, here I am again. I just finished enabling comments on both my blog and my mom's, of course now I'm the only one who's commented on both blog sites.

Anyhow, Monday night... Medium came on tonight. I like Medium, but I really miss CSI Miami. I'm just glad that repeats of the show come on Sudays. Anyhow... Carnivale, wow what a show! I only have one gripe about the show and that has to do with the Rita Sue, Stumpy story line. I hate that they invest so much time on them when they don't need it. For me, all it does is cut into time where they could be focusing on the Ben and Brother Justin storyline.

It's funny because the first season I couldn't stand Rita Sue, but this season it's Stumpy who I just want to flick on the ears! He's so frickin' annoying.

On a side note, I will say that I knew Sofie was gonna end up workin' at Brother Justin's house. I told my sister I had feeling that's where Sofie was going to end up after she left the Carnie a couple episodes ago.

Anyhow, enough of my brilliant foresight...

I got a new cellphone the other day, T-Mobile. I didn't realize until after I got it that it's the exact same phone that my 15 year old niece Kiara has. She's just so cute that I always joke to her saying "Why can't I be you?", I even go as far as singing The Cure's song of the same name to her. Now it's kind of pathetic because I'm starting to realize that maybe deep down I really do want to be my niece.

Not that I want to go back to being a teenager again or anything. That's like the last thing I'd want to do, but she's just so cute it's not fair.

Anyhow, my new phone... my cousin Michelle has a phone from Attwireless, who has just been taken over by Cingular, and she says the service sucks now. The funny thing is, whenever she tries to call me it goes straight to voice mail, but it's only when she calls. Since I got my residential phone cut off, she now has to call my mom's cell, which was my cell phone, which was handed down to me from my niece Kiara (Why can't I be you?) when she got a new phone, which was given to her when her mother got a new phone... that phone really has made its rounds.

I really have no need for cell phone though, other than to be able to play games on it when I get bored. And for that I still have my gameboys... but of course I'm going to use the phone because hey, it's games on a phone.

The other day while we were in Wal*Mart, the Cingular guy asked us if we had cellphones, and when both Michelle and I said yes, he asked what services we had. I said T-Mobile and Michelle said Attwireless/Cingular and that she hated it. She said that it sucked since it changed over to Cingular. The guy was trying to convince her that it was the exact same service she's always had, that Attwireless was just taken over by Cingular but her service hadn't changed, but Michelle was like It's not the same.

They pretty much got into an argument in the middle of Wal*Mart, it was funny, but the guy finally just walked away because he was trying to talk some other people into switching over to Cingular.

I really haven't had T-Mobile long enough to say one way or another, but I do know that inside my apartment the reception is horrible.

My brother has Sprint and I remember not that long ago my brother was talking to my sister from his cell phone. He said that he can see the Sprint building (or whatever) from his apartment window and the reception was still so bad that he had to be huddled in a corner while he talked on it because that was the only place it would work.

Technology is a wonderful thing but it's still a work in progress. It would be cool if "they" would work more on getting better reception than trying to cram so much crap into one small device. I mean come on, who really needs a cellphone that can also double as a video camera?

I love technology, but I suck at it. One thing I don't like is not being able to figure something out and technology falls under that category. My brother had given me an Apple Airport basestation to set up my home wireless network. It has to be reset and it took me hours of trying to hook up my and my mom's computer until I finally broke down and read every single instruction I could find and saw that in order to fully reset it to it's default settings, it has to be done on a Mac computer. I kept wonderin how come after I did a hard reset it was just blank and nothing showed up when I'd open the Airport Admin Utility and nothing would show up on the Base Station Chooser.

It was really starting to frustrate me. Now I know that I'll just take it back to Plush with me on Thursday (or even Saturday) and reset it (and download whatever it is I need to download onto the base station) while I'm there since my brother only has Mac computers. He's a complete Mac man.

Anyhow, I've seen this Forensic Files that's on Court TV at least 6 times already so time to do the impossible... find a DVD to watch (or listen to anyway).

(p.s.) I bought 3 more DVD's to add to my list, but I'll wait until I have a few more until I add them to the list.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home