Sometimes Thinking Hurts

My thoughts about life, crap and such!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

~Share Time

SHARE TIME

I'm in the mood to share. Of course when I'm posting it usually means I'm in the mood to share. Any how, now I'm much more in the mood for share time, I felt like sharing a look into my apartment. I've been taking pictures of it because I'm redecorating. I'm still not done, right now I'm wanting to do more with the walls and am really wanting to get a new rug, but when you have limited funds you have to take these things one step at a time. Here's the first set of pictures, that start with my entertainment center.

I love my digital camera, it allows me to do silly things like this. Anyway, it's a pretty small apartment, but it's completely me. I love plants and I love fabric. If I didn't have to worry about covering up the smoke detector I'd totally cover the entire ceiling with fabric as well. Anyone who's a true fan of the ex-TV show Firefly will understand when I say I LOVE how Inara had her shuttle decorated. That's what I'm going for now... the cloth covered walls I mean. Right now I only have the one wall, as seen in the previous pictures, but I'm definitely going to cover the rest of the walls since painting is out of the question. I'm gonna go for a lighter color than the black though. Most likely it'll be taupe or a dusty rose or even a light peach... something like that. Here's the second set of pics.

As I said before, it's a pretty small place, but it's homey. My mom doesn't care about decorating, she could live in a cardboard box if she could have her computer hooked up in it, but I care. I've found my tastes have grown though, even from the time we moved in here back in 2002. The one thing I don't really like about this apartment is the kitchen, it's way too small, but hey, you gotta work with what you have. I'm kind of dying to sand and paint the cabinets though, but, that's just a dream! I was thinking about skipping taking pictures of the kitchen though because I haven't done dishes in a couple days (I never said I wasn't lazy at times). Of course since it's just me and my mom so we don't use many dishes (paper plates baby), but it's still a dirty kitchen.

Though pretty much everything in this little corner here is mine, I consider it my mother's corner, because she spends a great part of her time over here on the computer (you can see her in the pictures not above these but the ones above those). I love this plant here, though I have quite a few plants, this is my actual favorite. Of course I love my posters of Justin, Sarah and Christina, though my mom actually looks at them more then I do.

This set of pictures ends where the first set starts, so it's actually a complete view of the apartment. The living room and dining room anyway. Though the majority of stuff in my moms bedroom is mine too, it's her space so if she wants it to be seen, I'll leave it to her. The painting on the wall in the living room is actually one my brother did back in the 80's. Actually both of the grey paintings are ones my brother did back in the 80's. He's a great artist, but hasn't painted since. Now he's more into computers and what not. The paintings still garner tons of attention though. Every time the mail man brings me a package he comments on how much he likes the painting. He's a freaky man. I don't trust him actually, but I'll leave that story for another post. I'll just say if the painting ever turns up missing, I'll know where to tell the cops to start looking for it.


Oh well, I guess that's enough sharing for now, but you better believe I'm going to be posting more pics once I finish the walls and get my new rug. I actually want to not just change things, but also I want to get rid of stuff, but I have no idea what. I see everything as a necessity. My dad is a pack rat and I hated that completely, so I know that's not my fate, but... oh well. Maybe I'll flip a coin to decide which crap to rid my apartment of. I already had to toss out a nice leather couch because my sister brought over a futon for me to sleep on and there just isn't room for both. Sad thing! That's another thing I dislike about this apartment... only one bedroom.

Okay, really that's enough sharing now. I actually am going to leave now.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home