Sometimes Thinking Hurts

My thoughts about life, crap and such!

Friday, March 04, 2005

~Delayed Reaction

DELAYED REACTION

Okay, though I know it's Friday afternoon and Alias came on Wednesday night, I'm just getting around to wanting to talk about it.

The truth of the matter is, I am so incredibly disappointed in the show it's just not even funny. I hate it when good shows gone bad. Even back when Buffy was in it's 6th season, I was disappointed in the path it was taking, but I still loved the show to death. Of course though with Buffy I only hated the whole Spike and Buffy thing, not the writing of the show.

Then again, with Alias it could be only the fact that it's so early on in the show. When last year I heard that they weren't going to put the 4th season on until January so they could run the whole season without repeats and much interruption, I thought, Wow, what a great idea. I mean because if all TV stations did things that way then we could have twice as many TV shows on in a season. Of course there's always the chance of them trying to bring more crap "reality" shows on too, but I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

Anyhow, I'm getting off topic here. I thought it was a great idea to postpone the new season of Alias, but now I see that it was a mistake. I'm realizing that other TV shows are nearing the end of their season, wrapping things up, and Alias hasn't even gotten into the meat of the season yet, and it's bugging the heck out of me. I feel like it should be farther along in the storyline.

Oh, don't get me wrong, that's not the only thing wrong with Alias this season though. The writing is turning to CRAP! I mean Sark was so in love with Lauren? Come on! He had been with Alison for a long time, and didn't bat an eyelash when she was killed at the hand of Will, but he was with Lauren for a couple of months and suddenly she was the love of his life? PLEASE!

And when did Lauren love him? I understand that he was trying to get a rise out of Vaughn when he said that to him, but if Vaughn is as smart as we've been lead to believe, he'd know that Lauren was an evil bitch who didn't love anyone. I hate it when writers don't keep up with the continuity of the show.

When Sark was talking to Sloane, he said that just four years ago he had fooled people into believing they were working for the CIA while employed by SD-6, and actually it was a lot longer ago than that. Though this is the fourth season of the show, during the first season we learn that Sydney had been working for SD-6 for 7 years believing she was working for the CIA.
Besides that, at the end of season 2, we learn that Sydney had been missing for nearly 2 years, so from the time the show first started until the end of the second season it's actually 4 years, which means that now, 6 years have passed in Alias time. Sydney and the rest of her unit of the CIA had closed down SD-6 near the middle of season 2, which means that 4 years ago (in Alias time) is around the time that everyone found out that SD-6 wasn't a part of the CIA, not when Sloane fooled them into believing they were working for them.

Come on people, if the fans can follow along, why can't the writers? Since this is their livelihood and how they earn their living, shouldn't they be more engrossed in the show than the fans? Shouldn't the realism of the show mean more to them? You would think JJ Abrams would be more concerned at the path the show is taking considering the crappy turn Felicity took years ago.

I just pray LOST doesn't take this horrible turn.

Oh well, I guess for now, all my TV hopes lie in Carnivale! (I'm still loving Gilmore Girls though, especially since Luke and Lorelai are happily back together!)

~Cherokee
.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/08/2005 3:40 PM, Blogger Pamela Goodwin-Daniels said…

    You R O C K, Cherokee! I swear that there would be much better TV if you were on the staffs of many of these shows! Honestly, you know I get disgusted with so many of our favorite shows quickly, but you were right on about Alias.
    It's too bad that so many people would probably read your post and go, "What"? Sad to say, I think that alot of us out here just have the TV on for the noise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home